Got a Question? See FAQ,s
You need to follow a checklist in order to validate the legitimacy of any off plan property in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE):
- Make sure that the property developer is registered with the Dubai Land Department (DLD).
- Do thorough research about your desired property as well as the property developer.
- Calculate the additional fees apart from the price of the property including the agent fees, legal fees, and developer fees.
- Get advice from a legal expert to help you communicate your specific questions to save yourself from failed investment.
- Carefully review and understand the agreement before entering into it.
If you are willing to invest in the off plan property in the UAE then here are few things you need to take care of:
- The first and the foremost step of investing in an off plan property in UAE is to find the right agent by doing online research or simply asking a friend.
- Then you need to understand the total costs including the booking amount of property, the registration fee, the agent fee including VAT along with some additional fee including fines, deductions, and penalties.
- You need to consider if you want to buy a commercial or residential property. The only difference in buying both of these properties is the VAT. There is a 5% VAT on the commercial off-plan properties apart from all the other fees.
- Now, since you have considered all other aspects you need to make sure which project or community is worthy enough for your investment. In order to know the right price of a property, you will need to do a market analysis and compare the payment plan options offered.
- After this point, you need to start considering your financing options. In most cases, banks do not provide you credit for properties that are still under construction.
- Now you need to do thorough research about the developer whose property you are interested in. This includes the track record of the developer, the timely delivery, and all other aspects.
- The last and most crucial step is making the reservation. To make a reservation for some property make sure you have all of the following documents:
- Passport Copy
- Visa page copy (if applicable)
- Emirates ID copy (if applicable)
- After providing all these documents you will be provided with a registration form to buy an off-plan property in UAE containing your contact, personal, and property information along with the proposed payment plan. You will have to fill this form and sign it along with the developer. Make sure that there is an official stamp by the developer when you receive this form.
- Then you need to get Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA) from the developer before making any sort of payment.
- After all the documentation is completed, you need to pay your down payment amount as listed in the payment plan to book your property.
- After this step, you will have to pay all the additional fees including the VAT, registration fee, and brokerage fee.
The preference of the banks depends more on the financials of the borrowers than the type of property to be purchased. If your financial standing is strong then you will get a loan easily whether you are purchasing a villa or an apartment.
If you want to sell your off-plan property before completion there are certain conditions that you need to meet. These conditions are usually set by the developer of your desired off plan property. Most of the developers set a condition of paying almost 30% to 40% of the cost before it can be sold to a new owner. Apart from this, there are plenty of other terms and conditions set by the developer.
According to the report published by Bayut.com, the best off-plan projects in Dubai as of 2019 are:
- Just Cavalli Villas, Sahara Villas and Aknan Villas in Akoya Oxygen
- District One, District 1 and Sobha Hartland at Mohammed Bin Rashid City
- Roxana Residence, Belgravia and May Residence at Jumeirah Village Circle (JVC)
- Parklane, Emaar South and MAG 5 Boulevard at Dubai South
- XXII Carat, Azizi Mina, and Four Pearls at Palm Jumeirah.